No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Acoustic ranging of small arms fire using a single sensor node collocated with the target
1. A. Donzier and S. Cadavid, “ Small arm fire acoustic detection and localization systems: Gunfire detection system,” Proc. SPIE 5778, 245–253 (2005).
2. A. Donzier and J. Millet, “ Gunshot acoustic signature specific features and false alarms reduction,” Proc. SPIE 5778, 254–263 (2005).
4. K. W. Lo and B. G. Ferguson, “ A ballistic model-based method for ranging direct fire weapons using the acoustic muzzle blast and shock wave,” Proc. ISSNIP 2008, 453–458.
5. K. W. Lo and B. G. Ferguson, “ Localization of small arms fire using acoustic measurements of muzzle blast and/or ballistic shock wave arrivals,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 2997–3017 (2012).
6. K. W. Lo and B. G. Ferguson, “ Simultaneous classification and ranging of direct fire weapons using an asynchronous acoustic sensor network,” Proc. ISSNIP 2011, 425–430.
7. R. J. Kozick, G. T. Whipps, and J. N. Ash, “ Supersonic projectile models for asynchronous shooter localization,” Proc. SPIE 8046, 1–15 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
A ballistic model-based method, which builds upon previous work by Lo and Ferguson [J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 2997–3017 (2012)], is described for ranging small arms fire using a single acoustic sensor node collocated with the target, without a priori knowledge of the muzzle speed and ballistic constant of the bullet except that they belong to a known two-dimensional parameter space. The method requires measurements of the differential time of arrival and differential angle of arrival of the muzzle blast and ballistic
shock wave at the sensor node. Its performance is evaluated using both simulated and real data.
Full text loading...
Most read this month