No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Efficiency of some voice coil transducers in low frequency reciprocal operations
2. Chopra, I. (1996). “ Review of current status of smart structures and integrated systems,” in 1996 Symposium on Smart Structures and Materials, edited by I. Chopra ( Int. Soc. Opt. Photo), pp. 20–62.
5. Lanza di Scalea, F. , Matt, H. , and Bartoli, I. (2007). “ The response of rectangular piezoelectric sensors to Rayleigh and Lamb ultrasonic waves,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 121(1), 175–187.
7. Liao, W.-I. , Wang, J. X. , Song, G. , Gu, H. , Olmi, C. , Mo, Y. L. , and Loh, C. H. (2011). “ Structural health monitoring of concrete columns subjected to seismic excitations using piezoceramic-based sensors,” Smart Mater. Struct. 20(12), 125015.
9. Song, G. , Gu, H. , Mo, Y. L. , Hsu, T. T. C. , and Dhonde, H. (2007). “ Concrete structural health monitoring using embedded piezoceramic transducers,” Smart Mater. Struct. 16(4), 959–968.
10. Wielandt, E. (2012). “ Seismic sensors and their calibration,” in New Manual of Seismological Observatory Practice, Part 2, edited by P. Bormann ( IASPEI, GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences), Chap. 5, pp. 1–49.
11. Yan, S. , Wu, J. , Sun, W. , Ma, H. , and Yan, H. (2013). “ Development and application of structural health monitoring system based on piezoelectric sensors,” Int. J. Distrib. Sens. N. 2013, 1–12.
Article metrics loading...
The feasibility of using different voice coil
transducers in applications with reciprocal transducers of mechanical waves is investigated. It was speculated that voice coil
transducers could be a more efficient alternative to piezoelectric transducers in low frequency ranges. Five different voice coil
transducers, originally constructed for either transmission or reception, were characterized in both modes of operation. A piezoelectric ceramic disk was used for comparison between the transducer types. The results show that voice coils indeed can function as reciprocal transducers and that the most sensitive of the evaluated transducers is more efficient than the piezoelectric disk for low frequencies.
Full text loading...
Most read this month