No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Time reversal transfer: Exploring the robustness of time reversed acoustics in media with geometry perturbations
1. M. Fink, D. Cassereau, A. Derode, C. Prada, P. Roux, M. Tanter, J.-L. Thomas, and F. Wu, “ Time-reversed acoustics,” Rep. Prog. Phys. 63(12), 1933–1995 (2000).
3. W. A. Kuperman, W. S. Hodgkiss, H. C. Song, T. Akal, C. Ferla, and D. R. Jackson, “ Phase conjugation in the ocean: Experimental demonstration of an acoustic time-reversal mirror,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 103(1), 25–40 (1998).
4. C. Larmat, J.-P. Montagner, M. Fink, Y. Capdeville, A. Tourin, and E. Clévédé, “ Time-reversal imaging of seismic sources and application to the great Sumatra earthquake,” Geophys. Res. Lett. 33(L19312), 1–4, doi:10.1029/2006GL026336 (2006).
5. J.-L. Robert and M. Fink, “ Green's function estimation in speckle using the decomposition of the time reversal operator: Application to aberration correction in medical imaging,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 123, 866–877 (2008).
6. C. Prada, S. Manneville, D. Spoliansky, and M. Fink, “ Decomposition of the time reversal operator: Detection and selective focusing on two scatterers,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 99(4), 2067–2076 (1996).
9. T. J. Ulrich, P. A. Johnson, and R. A. Guyer, “ Interaction dynamics of elastic waves with a complex nonlinear scatterer through the use of a time reversal mirror,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 104301 (2007).
10. T. J. Ulrich, K. Van Den Abeele, P.-Y. Le Bas, M. Griffa, B. E. Anderson, and R. A. Guyer, “ Three component time reversal: Focusing vector components using a scalar source,” J. Appl. Phys. 106(11), 113504 (2009).
11. A. Derode, A. Tourin, and M. Fink, “ Limits of time-reversal focusing through multiple scattering: Long-range correlation,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 107(6), 2987–2998 (2000).
13. A. M. Sutin, J. A. TenCate, and P. A. Johnson, “ Single-channel time reversal in elastic solids,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 116(5), 2779–2784 (2004).
Article metrics loading...
In this letter, fundamentals of transferring a time reversal experiment between similar objects are discussed. The time reversal experiment consists of two steps: forward propagation, when a source excites the medium and a complex wave field is created, and back propagation, resulting in time reversal focusing. Here the procedure of performing the first step on one specimen and the second step on another is investigated. The theory of time reversal transfer is explained on an example of object shape variations. However, conclusions of the theoretical analysis are applicable universally. The feasibility of the proposed procedure is validated in experiments modeling conditions in practice.
Full text loading...
Most read this month