No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Passive acoustic observations of tide height in the Iroise Sea using ambient noisea)
1. S. D. Chuprov, “ Interference structure of a sound field in a layered ocean,” in Ocean Acoustics, Modern State ( Nauka, Moscow, 1982), pp. 71–91.
2. F. B. Jensen, W. A. Kuperman, M. B. Porter, and H. Schmidt, Computational Ocean Acoustics, 2nd ed. ( AIP, New York, 2011), Chap. 5, pp. 337–455.
3. V. G. Petnikov and V. M. Kuz'kin, “ Shallow water variability and its manifestation in the interference pattern of sound fields,” in Ocean Acoustic Interference Phenomena and Signal Processing, AIP Conf. Proc. ( AIP, Melville, NY, 2002), pp. 207–220.
4. A. Turgut, M. Orr, and B. Pasewark, “ Acoustic monitoring of the tide height and slope-water intrusion at the new jersey shelf in winter conditions,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 121, 2534–2541 (2007).
5. V. M. Kuz'kin, Y. T. Lin, A. A. Lunkov, J. F. Lynch, and V. G. Petnikov, “ Frequency shifts of the sound field interference pattern on oceanic shelf in summer conditions,” Acoust. Phys. 57, 387–390 (2011).
6. K. A. Sostrand, “ Range localization of 10–100 km explosions by means of an endfire array and a waveguide invariant,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 30, 207–212 (2005).
7. K. L. Cockrell and H. Schmidt, “ Robust passive range estimation using the waveguide invariant,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 127, 2780–2789 (2010).
8. A. Turgut, M. Orr, and D. Rouseff, “ Broadband source localization using horizontal-beam acoustic intensity striations,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 127, 73–83 (2010).
9. G. L. D'Spain and W. A. Kuperman, “ Application of waveguide invariants to analysis of spectrograms from shallow water environments that vary in range and azimuth,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 106, 2454–2468 (1999).
10. C. Harrison and M. Siderius, “ Effective parameters for matched field geoacoustic inversion in range-dependent environments,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng. 28, 432–445 (2003).
Article metrics loading...
Considering a broadband motionless source in a waveguide with a depth that varies with time, the time-frequency representation of the acoustic intensity shows a striation pattern than can be explained using the depth-frequency waveguide invariant. This phenomenon is used here to describe acoustic data recorded in the Iroise Sea, where intense tides occur. The originality of this study is that the acoustic data consist of only ambient noise. The best hypothesis is that these striations are created by distant marine traffic in the Bay of Brest, and the results suggest that tide height can be monitored using long-term passive acoustics.
Full text loading...
Most read this month