No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Physics underlying the physiology of the ear
2. Chen, F. , Choudhury, N. , Zheng, J. , Matthews, S. K. , Nuttall, A. L. , and Jacques, S. (2007). “ In vivo imaging and low-coherence interferometry of organ of Corti vibration,” J. Biomed. Opt. 12, 021006.
3. Choudhury, N. , Chen, F. , Matthews, S. K. , Tschinkel, T. , Zheng, J. , Jacques, S. , and Nuttall, A. L. (2006). “ Low coherence interferometry of cochlear partition,” Hear. Res. 220, 1–9.
5. de Boer, E. (1961a). “ A note on phase distortion and hearing,” Acustica 11, 182–184.
6. de Boer, E. (1961b). “ Measurement of the critical band-width in cases of perception deafness,” in Proceedings 3rd International Congress on Acoustics, Liège.
10. de Boer, E. (1970). “ Synchrony between acoustic stimuli and nerve fibre discharges,” in Frequency Analysis and Periodicity Detection in Hearing, edited by R. Plomp and G. F. Smoorenburg (Sijthoff, Leiden), pp. 204–216.
12. de Boer, E. (1976). “ On the ‘residue’ and auditory pitch perception,” in Handbook of Sensory Physiology, part V/3, edited by W. D. Keidel and W. D. Neff ( Springer-Verlag, Berlin), pp. 469–583.
16. de Boer, E. (1983c). “ Power amplification in an active model of the cochlea—Short-wave case,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 73, 577–579.
20. de Boer, E. (1995b). “ The ‘inverse problem’ solved for a three-dimensional model of the cochlea. I,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 98, 896–903.
21. de Boer, E. (1995c). “ The ‘inverse problem’ solved for a three-dimensional model of the cochlea. II,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 98, 904–910.
22. de Boer, E. (1997a). “ Connecting frequency selectivity and nonlinearity for models of the cochlea,” Auditory Neurosci. 3, 377–388.
23. de Boer, E. (1997b). “ On cochlear cross-correlation functions: Connecting nonlinearity and ‘activity,’ ” in Diversity in Auditory Mechanisms, edited by E. R. Lewis, G. R. Long, R. F. Lyon, P. M. Narins, C. R. Steele, and E. Hecht-Poinar ( World Scientific, Singapore), pp. 291–297.
24. de Boer, E. (1997c). “ The mechanical waveform of the basilar membrane. I. Frequency modulations (‘glides’) in impulse responses and cross-correlation functions,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 101, 3583–3592.
25. de Boer, E. , and Bos, C. E. (1962). “ On the concept of the critical band,” in Proceedings of the 4th International Congress on Acoustics, Copenhagen.
26. de Boer, E. , Chen, F. , Zha, D. , and Nuttall, A. L. (2014a). “ From optical coherence tomography (OCT) data to cochlear mechanics,” in Proceedings of the ARO Midwinter Meeting, 2014.
27. de Boer, E. , Chen, F. , Zha, D. , and Nuttall, A. L. (2014b). “ Optical coherence tomography (OCT) leading to more insight into cochlear mechanics,” in Proceedings Mechanics of Hearing Symposium 2014, Cape Sounio, Greece, in press.
28. de Boer, E. , Kruidenier, C. , and Kortschot, K. W. (1967). “ On communication systems in schools for the hard-of-hearing,” Acustica 19, 170–177.
30. de Boer, E. , Machiels, M. B. , and Kruidenier, C. (1976). “ Tone responses from the brainstem—A ‘sensitized’ analysis,” Otorhinolaryngology 5, 313–315.
32. de Boer, E. , and Nuttall, A. L. (1999). “ The ‘inverse problem’ solved for a three-dimensional model of the cochlea. III. Brushing up the solution method,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 105, 3410–3420.
33. de Boer, E. , and Nuttall, A. L. (2002a). “ Properties of amplifying elements in the cochlea,” in Biophysics of the Cochlea: From Molecules to Model, edited by A. W. Gummer, E. Dalhoff, M. Nowotny, and M. P. Scherer, Singapore, pp. 331–342.
34. de Boer, E. , and Nuttall, A. L. (2002b). “ The mechanical waveform of the basilar membrane. IV. Tone and noise stimuli,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 111, 979–989.
38. de Cheveigné, A. (2005). “ Pitch perception models,” in Pitch, edited by C. Plack and A. Oxenham ( Springer-Verlag, New York), pp. 169–233.
39. Grosh, K. , Zheng, J. , de Boer, E. , and Nuttall, A. L. (2004). “ High frequency electromotile responses in the cochlea,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 115, 2178–2184.
40. Kim, D. O. , Neely, S. T. , Molnar, C. E. , and Matthews, J. W. (1980). “ An active cochlear model with negative damping in the partition: Comparison with Rhode's ante- and post-mortem observations,” in Psychophysical, Physiological and Behavioural Studies in Hearing, edited by G. v. d. Brink and F. A. Bilsen ( Delft University Press, Delft), pp. 7–14.
41. Licklider, J. C. R. (1979). “ A duplex theory of pitch perception,” in Psychological Acoustics, edited by E. D. Schubert ( Dowden, Hutchinson and Ross, Stroudsburg, PA).
43. Nuttall, A. L. , Grosh, K. , Zheng, J. , de Boer, E. , Zou, Y. , and Ren, T. (2004). “ Spontaneous basilar membrane oscillation and otoacoustic emission at 15 kHz in a guinea pig,” J. Assoc. Res. Otolaryngol. 5, 337–349.
44. Rhode, W. S. (1971). “ Observations of the vibration of the basilar membrane in squirrel monkeys using the Mössbauer technique,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 49, 1218–1231.
46. Schouten, J. F. (1940). “ The residue, a new component in subjective sound analysis,” Proc. R. Ned. Acad. Science, Amsterdam 43, 356–365.
48. Summers, V. , de Boer, E. , and Nuttall, A. L. (2003). “ Basilar-membrane response to multi-component (Schroeder-phase) signals: Understanding intensity effects,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 114, 294–306.
50. Zweig, G. , and Shera, C. A. (1995). “ The origin of periodicity in the spectrum of evoked otoacoustic emissions,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 98, 2018–2047.
Article metrics loading...
There is no abstract available for this article.
Full text loading...
Most read this month