No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Converging measures of binaural detection yield estimates of precision of coding of interaural temporal disparities
1. Bernstein, L. R. , and Trahiotis, C. (1994). “ Detection of interaural delay in high-frequency SAM tones, two-tone complexes, and bands of noise,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 95, 3561–3567.
2. Bernstein, L. R. , and Trahiotis, C. (2002). “ Enhancing sensitivity to interaural delays at high frequencies by using ‘transposed stimuli,’ ” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 112, 1026–1036.
3. Bernstein, L. R. , and Trahiotis, C. (2014). “ Accounting for binaural detection as a function of masker interaural correlation: Effects of center frequency and bandwidth,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 136, 3211–3220.
4. Domnitz, R. H. , and Colburn, H. S. (1977). “ Lateral position and interaural discrimination,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 61, 1586–1598.
6. Langford, T. L. , and Jeffress, L. A. (1964). “ Effect of noise cross-correlation on binaural signal detection,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 36, 1455–1458.
9. Nuetzel, J. M. , and Hafter, E. R. (1976). “ Lateralization of complex waveforms: Effects of fine-structure, amplitude, and duration,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 60, 1339–1346.
10. Pichora-Fuller, M. K. , and Schneider, B. A. (1992). “ The effect of interaural delay of the masker on masking-level differences in young and old adults,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 91, 2129–2135.
11. Rabiner, L. R. , Laurence, C. L. , and Durlach, N. I. (1966). “ Further results on binaural unmasking and the EC model,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 40, 62–70.
12. van de Par, S. , and Kohlrausch, A. (1997). “ A new approach to comparing binaural masking level differences at low and high frequencies,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 101, 1671–1680.
13. van der Heijden, M. , and Trahiotis, C. (1999). “ Masking with interaurally delayed stimuli: The use of ‘internal’ delays in binaural detection,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 105, 388–399.
Article metrics loading...
This presentation reports binaural detection data obtained using a special set of three stimulus configurations. The configurations are shown to yield “converging” measures that allow one to describe how precision of coding of interaural temporal disparities (ITDs) changes as a function of both reference ITD and the center frequency of the stimuli.
Full text loading...
Most read this month