No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Three-dimensional time reversal communications in elastic media
5. H. C. Song and W. S. Hodgkiss, “ Self-synchronization and spatial diversity of passive time reversal communication,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 137(5), 2974–2977 (2015).
6. S. M. Hanafy and G. T. Schuster, “ Two applications of time reversal mirrors: Seismic radio and seismic radar,” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 130(4), 1985–1994 (2011).
7. T. J. Ulrich, K. Van Den Abeele, P.-Y. Le Bas, M. Griffa, B. E. Anderson, and R. A. Guyer, “ Three component time reversal: Focusing vector components using a scalar source,” J. Appl. Phys. 106, 113504 (2009).
8. K. Van Den Abeele, T. J. Ulrich, P.-Y. Le Bas, M. Griffa, B. E. Anderson, and R. A. Guyer, “ Vector component focusing in elastic solids using a scalar source in three component time reversal,” Phys. Proced. 3, 685–689 (2010).
9. A. Song, M. Badiey, P. Hursky, and A. Abdi, “ Time reversal receivers for underwater acoustic communication using vector sensors,” in IEEE Oceans Conference (2008), pp. 1–10.
11. T. J. Ulrich, M. Griffa, and B. E. Anderson, “ Symmetry-based imaging condition in time reversed acoustics,” J. Appl. Phys. 104, 064912 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
This letter presents a series of vibrational communication experiments, using time reversal, conducted on a set of cast iron pipes. Time reversal has been used to provide robust, private, and clean communications in many underwater acoustic applications. Here the use of time reversal to communicate along sections of pipes and through a wall is demonstrated to overcome the complications of dispersion and multiple scattering. These demonstrations utilize a single source transducer and a single sensor, a triaxial accelerometer, enabling multiple channels of simultaneous communication streams to a single location.
Full text loading...
Most read this month