No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Wind turbine sound power measurements
2. Friman, M. (2011). “ Directivity of sound from wind turbine: A study on the horizontal sound radiation pattern from a wind turbines,” M.Sc. thesis, The Marcus Wallenberg Laboratory for Sound and Vibration Research, Aeronautical and Vehicle Engineering, Stockholm.
3. Gaudet, J. F. , and Profitt, W. M. (1958). Native Trees of Prince Edward Island ( Department of Agriculture, Charlottetown, PEI).
4.IEC (2002). IEC 61400-11 Ed. 2.0, Wind Turbine Generator Systems—Part 11: Acoustic Noise Measurement Techniques ( International Electrotechnical Commission, Geneva).
5.IEC (2012). IEC 61400-11 Ed. 3.0, Wind Turbine Generator Systems—Part 11: Acoustic Noise Measurement Techniques ( International Electrotechnical Commission, Geneva).
6.ISO (1993). ISO 9613-1 Acoustics, Attenuation of Sound During Propagation Outdoors. Part 1: Calculation of the Absorption of Sound by the Atmosphere (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva).
7.ISO (2007). ISO 1996-2 Acoustics, Description, Assessment and Measurement of Environmental Noise. Part 2: Determination of Environmental Noise Levels (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva).
8. Keith, S. E. , Davidson, M. G. , and Bly, S. H. B. (1994). “ Assessment of errors in sound pressure measurement in a large anechoic chamber,” Can. Acoust. Assoc. 22(3), 33–34.
9. L'Esperance, A. , Nicolas, J. , Wilson, D. K. , Thomson, D. W. , Gabillet, Y. , and Daigle, G. (1993). “ Sound propagation in the atmospheric surface layer: Comparison of experiment with FFP predictions,” Appl. Acoust. 40, 325–346.
11. Okada, Y. , Yoshihisa, K. , Higashi, K. , and Nishimura, N. (2015). “ Radiation characteristics of noise generated from a wind turbine,” Acoust. Sci. Technol. 36(5), 419–427.
13. Sharma, M. , and Parton, J. (2007). “ Height-diameter equations for boreal tree species in Ontario using a mixed effects modeling approach,” Forest Ecol. Management 249, 187–198.
15. Tachibana, H. , Yano, H. , Fukushima, A. , and Shinichi, S. (2014). “ Nationwide field measurement of wind turbine noise in Japan,” Noise Control Eng. J. 62(2), 90–101.
Article metrics loading...
This paper provides experimental validation of the sound power level data obtained from manufacturers for the ten wind turbine models examined in Health Canada's Community Noise and Health Study (CNHS). Within measurementuncertainty, the wind turbinesound power levelsmeasured using IEC 61400-11 [(2002). (International Electrotechnical Commission, Geneva)] were consistent with the sound power level data provided by manufacturers. Based on measurements, the sound power level data were also extended to 16 Hz for calculation of C-weighted levels. The C-weighted levels were 11.5 dB higher than the A-weighted levels (standard deviation 1.7 dB). The simple relationship between A- and C- weighted levels suggests that there is unlikely to be any statistically significant difference between analysis based on either C- or A-weighted data.
Full text loading...
Most read this month