About JASA Express Letters (JASA-EL)
JASA Express Letters (JASA-EL) is devoted to providing rapid and open dissemination of important new research results and technical discussion in all fields of acoustics. It serves physical scientists, life scientists, engineers, psychologists, physiologists, architects, musicians, and speech communication specialists who wish to rapidly report the results of their acoustical research in letter-sized contributions.
Access to JASA Express Letters is free online to all individuals.
JASA Express Letters are limited to six published pages in a single-column format. Contributions can include color and multimedia content, which is archived. They may describe basic or applied research.
Letters are published online as they are accepted for publication, and also appear monthly as a section in the Journal of the Acoustical Society of America.
Subject Coverage includes:
- Linear and Nonlinear Acoustics
- Underwater Sound and Acoustical Oceanography
- Ultrasonics and Quantum Acoustics
- Architectural Acoustics and Structural Acoustics and Vibration
- Speech, Music, and Noise
- Psychology and Physiology of Hearing
- Engineering Acoustics, Sound Transducers, and Measurements
- Biomedical Acoustics
- Acoustic Signal Processing, and Computational Acoustics