No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Understanding the formation of supported lipid bilayers via vesicle fusion—A case that exemplifies the need for the complementary method approach (Review)
18. L. Bradshaw, RF Time Freq. 8, 50 (2008).
19.Biolin Scientific, Q-Sense Sensors.
25. D. D. Joseph, Fluid Dynamics of Viscoelastic Liquids ( Springer, New York, 1990).
27.Q-Sense, “Quartz crystal microbalance with dissipation monitoring (QCM-D),” Q-sense Technology Note: QS 407-01-2 (2014).
37.Bruker Nano Surfaces Divison, “ Quantitative mechanical property mapping at the nanoscale with PeakForce QNM,” Application Note No. 128 (2012).
48. T. K. Lind, “ Understanding peptide dendrimer interactions with model cell membrane mimics,” Ph.D. thesis ( Copenhagen University, 2014).
66. E. J. Prenner, R. N. Lewis, K. C. Neuman, S. M. Gruner, L. H. Kondejewski, R. S. Hodges, and R. N. McElhaney, Biochemistry 36, 7906 (1997).
79. A. de Ghellinck, H. Schaller, V. Laux, M. Haertlein, M. Sferrazza, E. Maréchal, H. Wacklin, J. Jouhet, and G. Fragneto, PLoS One 9, e92999 (2014).
In this review, the authors discuss the challenges of studying supported lipid bilayers (SLBs) deposited by vesicle fusion in terms of (1) evaluating SLB formation and quality using quartz crystal microbalance with dissipation and (2) analyzing the composition and asymmetry of SLBs composed by lipid mixtures using complementary surface sensitive techniques. An overview of the literature is presented and the inconsistencies on this topic are discussed with the objective to expand beyond simple lipid compositions and set the basis for forming and analyzing SLBs of complex natural lipid extracts formed via the vesicle fusion method. The authors conclude by providing some guidelines to successfully form SLBs of complex lipid mixtures including natural extracts.
Full text loading...
Most read this month