No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Erosion behavior of composite Al-Cr cathodes in cathodic arc plasmas in inert and reactive atmospheres
18. A. Anders, Cathodic Arcs: From Fractal Spots to Energetic Condensation ( Springer, New York, 2008).
22. J. Q. Zhu, A. Eriksson, N. Ghafoor, M. P. Johansson, J. Sjölén, L. Hultman, J. Rosén, and M. Odén, J. Vac. Sci. Technol., A 28, 347 (2010).
25. J. Q. Zhu, A. O. Eriksson, N. Ghafoor, M. P. Johansson, G. Greczynski, L. Hultman, J. Rosén, and M. Odén, J. Vac. Sci. Technol., A 29, 031601 (2011).
29.International Center for Diffraction Data, “Powder diffraction files 00-004-0787 (Al), 00-006-0694 (Cr), 00-040-1242 (Al4Cr), 00-029-0015 (Al8Cr5), 00-065-2640 (AlCr2), 03-065-3409 (AlN), 03-065-2899 (CrN), 01-079-2159 (Cr2N), 00-046-1212 (Al2O3), 00-038-1479 (Cr2O3)” (2007).
30. A. Khatibi, J. Palisaitis, C. Höglund, A. Eriksson, P. Persson, J. Jensen, J. Birch, P. Eklund, and L. Hultman, Thin Solid Films 519, 2426 (2011).
31. B. Predel, Landolt-Börnstein - Group IV Physical Chemistry (Ac-Ag. Au-Zr), edited by B. Predel ( Springer-Verlag, Berlin/Heidelberg, 2006), Vol. 12A, pp. 1–4.
Article metrics loading...
AlxCr1−xcompositecathodes with Al contents of x = 0.75, 0.5, and 0.25 were exposed to cathodic arc plasmas in Ar, N2, and O2 atmospheres and their erosion behavior was studied. Cross-sectional analysis of the elemental distribution of the near-surface zone in the cathodes by scanning electron microscopy revealed the formation of a modified layer for all cathodes and atmospheres. Due to intermixing of Al and Cr in the heat-affected zone, intermetallic Al-Cr phases formed as evidenced by x-ray diffraction analysis. Cathode poisoning effects in the reactive N2 and O2 atmospheres were nonuniform as a result of the applied magnetic field configuration. With the exception of oxide islands on Al-rich cathodes, reactive layers were absent in the circular erosion zone, while nitrides and oxides formed in the less eroded center region of the cathodes.
Full text loading...
Most read this month