No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Recent developments and design challenges in continuous roller micro- and nanoimprinting
1. C. C. Lu, H. L. Yuo, C. Y. Lin, and J. Hou, Flexible Electronics and Displays Conference and Exhibition, 2008, Phoenix, AZ, 21–24 January 2008 (IEEE, New York, 2008), pp. 1–3.
2. P. Oittinen, Papermaking Science and Technology, edited by P. Oittinen and H. Saarelma (Fapet Oy, Helsinki, 1998), Chaps. 4–6.
3. D. Lawrence, J. Kohler, B. Brollier, T. Claypole and T. Burgin, Printed Organic and Molecular Electronics, edited by D. R. Gamota, P. Brazis, K. Kalyanasundaram, and J. Zhang (Kluwer, New York, 2004), Chap. 3.
7. M. Colburn, S. Johnson, M. Stewart, S. Damle, T. Bailey, B. Choi, M. Wedlake, T. Michaelson, S. V. Sreenivasan, J. G. Ederdt, and C. G. Willson, Proc. SPIE 3676, pp. 379–390.
11. M. Schvartzman, K. Nguyen, M. Palma, J. Abramson, J. Sable, J. Hone, M. P. Sheetz, and S. J. Wind, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B. 27, 61 (2009).
14. R. E. Dunning, U.S. Patent No. 3,953,635 (27 April 1976).
19. C. H. Chen, Y. C. Lee, C. D. Chen, S. J. Lai and S. J. Liaw, Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE Int. Conf. on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems, Sanya, China, 6–9 January 2008 (IEEE, New York, 2008), pp. 877–880.
20. F. G. Smith, U.S. Patent No. 4,159,677 (3 July 1979).
21. R. E. Dunning and M. A. Nelson, U.S. Patent No. 4,110,152 (29 Aug 1978).
23. H. J. Kim, M. Almanza-Workman, A. Chaiken, W. Jackson, A. Jeans, O. Kwon, H. Luo, P. Mei, C. Perlov, C. Taussig, F. Jeffrey, S. Braymen, and J. Hauschildt, IMID/IDMC 2006: The 6th International Meeting On Information Display/The 5th International Display Manufacturing Conference, Digest of Technical Papers, Daegu, South Korea, 22–25 August (Korean Information Display Society, Seoul, 2006) pp. 1539–1543.
27. A. Gregg, L. York, and M. Strnad, Flexible Flat Panel Displays, edited by G. P. Crawford (Wiley, New York, 2005), pp. 419–420.
28. B. R. Munson, D. F. Young and T. H. Okiishi, Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics, 4th ed. (Wiley, New York, 2002), pp. 322–323.
30. R. B. Bird, R. C. Armstrong and O. Hassager, Fluid Mechanics, Dynamics of Polymeric Liquids, edited by R. B. Bird and O. Hassager (Wiley, New York, 1987), Vol. 1, pp. 20–22.
32. S. Y. Yang and J. D. Luo, Proceedings of Asia/Australia Regional Meeting of Polymer Processing Society, Taipei, Taiwan, 4–8 November 2002 (Polymer Processing Society, Akron, Ohio, 2002), Vol. 18.
54. W. B. Jackson, M. Almanza-Workman, A. Chaiken, R. A. Garcia, A. Jeans, O. Kwon, H. Luo, P. Mei, C. Perlov, C. Taussig, S. Braymen, F. Jeffrey, and J. Hauschildt, 2008 SID International Symposium, Digest of Technical Papers, Los Angeles, CA, 18–23 May 2008 (SID, Campbell, CA, 2007), Vol. 39, Books I-III, p. 322.
62. D. R. Barbero, M.S.M. Saifullah, P. Hoffman, H. J. Mathieu, D. Anderson, G.A.C. Jones, M. E. Welland, and U. Steiner, Adv. Funct. Mater. 17, 2419 (2007).
63. W. H. Heath, F. Palmieri, J. R. Adams, B. K. Long, J. Chute, T. W. Holcombe, S. Zieren, M. J. Truitt, J. L. White, and C. G. Willson, Macromolecules 41, 719 (2008).
66. I. M. Mcmackin, N. A. Stacey, D. A. Babbs, D. J. Voth, M. P. C Watts, V. N. Truskett, F. Y. Xu, R. D. Voisin, and P. B. Lad, U.S. Patent No. 7,090,716 (15 August 2006).
67. H. Hiroshima and M. Komuro, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics Part 1-Regular Papers Brief Communications & Review Papers (Institute of Pure and Applied Physics, Tokyo, 2007), pp. 6391–6394.
70. C. Auner, U. Palfinger, H. Gold, J. Kraxner, A. Haase, T. Haber, M. Sezen, W. Grogger, G. Jakopic, J. R. Krenn, G. Leising, and B. Stadlober, Org. Electron. 11, 552 (2010).
75. H. S. Zheng, Y. Zhao, B. X. Wu, C. Taylor, R. L. Jacobsen and Y. B. Gao, Proc. of the ASME International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, West Lafayette, Indiana, 4–7 October 2009 (ASME, New York, 2009), Vol. 2, pp. 631–635.
83. K. Idei, N. Ishizawa, D. Noda and T. Hattori, 2006 IEEE International Symposium on Micro- NanoMechatronics and Human Science, Nagoya, Japan, 5–8 November 2006 (IEEE, New York, 2006), pp. 276–281.
86. M. Bender, U. Plachetka, J. Ran, A. Fuchs, B. Vratzov, H. Kurz, T. Glinsner, and F. Lindner, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B. 22, 3229 (2004).
89. S. J. Choi, D. Tahk, and H. Yoon, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 74, 340 (2009).
91. A. J. Kinloch, Adhesion and Adhesives: Science and Technology (Chapman and Hall, London, 1987), p. 33.
97. S. Y. Yang, T. C. Huang, J. T. Wu, H. C. Lai and Y. T. Chu, U.S. Patent Application No. 20110132768 (9 June 2011).
99. S. Garidel, M. Zelsmann, P. Voisin, N. Rochat and P. Michallon, Proc, SPIE, 6517, C5172.
102. J. Weixlberger, J. van Eekelen and M. Verschuuren, NSTI Nanotech Technical Proceedings (Taylor & Francis, London, 2008), Vol. 1, pp. 556–558.
Article metrics loading...
As an emerging technology for the manufacture of micro- and nano-scale patterns, continuous imprinting; otherwise known as roll-to-roll or roller imprinting, is attracting interest from researchers around the world because of its inherent advantages of low cost, high throughput, large area patterning. This technology is an evolutionary advance on the more traditional nanoimprint lithography developed in the 1990s, which is considered a batch mode, or dis-continuous patterning approach. In recent years, a number of commercial applications have been discovered which require low cost, large area patterning, particularly displays, optical coatings and films, and biological applications such as anti-fouling surfaces and micro-fluidic devices. This review covers a variety of continuous imprinting approaches, highlights challenges, and surveys progress towards high speed production of micro- and nanoscale features for these applications and others using this platform technology.
Full text loading...
Most read this month