No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Optimization of the aluminum oxide properties for adhesive bonding by laser surface pretreatment
1. J. D. Minford, Handbook of Aluminum Bonding Technology and Data (M. Dekker, New York, 1993).
3. P. G. Sheasby and R. Pinner, The Surface Treatment and Finishing of Aluminium and Its Alloys (ASM International, Metals Park, OH, 2001), Vol. 6.
7. D. E. Packham, Handbook of Adhesion (John Wiley & Son, Hoboken, 2005), Vol. 2.
8. L. H. Phung, H. Kleinert, I. Jansen, R. Häßler, and E. Jähne, “Improvement in strength of the aluminium/epoxy bonding joint by modification of the interphase,” Macromol. Symp. 210, 349–358 (2004).
9. J. A. Bishopp, E. K. Sim, G. E. Thompson, and G. C. Wood, “The adhesively bonded aluminium joint: The effect of pretreatment on durability,” J. Adhes. 26, 237–263 (1988).
10. G. W. Critchlow, K. A. Yendall, D. Bahrani, A. Quinn, and F. Andrews, “Strategies for the replacement of chromic acid anodising for the structural bonding of aluminium alloys,” Int. J. Adhes. Adhes. 26, 419–453 (2006).
11.Brussels European Council 8/9 March 2007, Presidency Conclusions, Council of the European Union, Brussels, 2007.
12. Z. Gendler, A. Rosen, M. Bamberger, M. Rotel, J. Zahavi, A. Buchman, and H. Dodiuk, “Improvement of adhesive bonding strength in sealed anodized aluminium through excimer laser prebond treatment,” J. Mater. Sci. 29, 1521–1526 (1994).
13. G. W. Critchlow, D. M. Brewis, D. C. Emmony, and C. A. Cottam, “Initial investigation into the effectiveness of CO2-laser treatment of aluminium for adhesive bonding,” Int. J. Adhes. Adhes. 15, 233–236 (1996).
14. E. Stammen, K. Dilger, S. Böhm, and R. Hose, “Surface modification with laser: Pretreatment of aluminium alloys for adhesive bonding,” Plasma Processes Polym. 4, S39–S43 (2007).
15. S. Böhm, K. Dilger, R. Poprawe, and E. W. Kreutz, “Surface treatment of components by the use of lasers to increase the wetability and to improve the adhesion,” in Proceedings of the 25th Annual Meeting of the Adhesion Society, Hyatt Orlando, FL, 10–14 February 2002.
16. G. W. Critchlow, C. A. Cottam, D. M. Brewis, and D. C. Emmony, “Further studies into the effectiveness of CO2-laser treatment of metals for adhesive bonding,” Int. J. Adhes. Adhes. 17, 143–150 (1997).
18. R. Rechner, I. Jansen, and E. Beyer, “Influence on the strength and aging resistance of aluminium joints by laser pre-treatment and surface modification,” Int. J. Adhes. Adhes. 30, 595–601 (2010).
19. M. Autric and R. Oltra, “Pulsed laser cleaning of aluminium-magnesium alloys: Effect of surface modifications on adhesion,” in High-Power Laser Ablation VII, Taos, NM, 20 April 2008.
20. F. Keller, M. S. Hunter, and D. L. Robinson, “Structural features of oxide coatings on aluminum,” J. Electrochem. Soc. 100, 411–419 (1953).
22. L. de Brouckère, “An electron-diffraction study of the atmospheric oxidation of aluminium, magnesium, and aluminium-magnesium alloys,” J. Inst. Metals 71, 131–147 (1945).
23. S. O. Saied and J. L. Sullivan, “A study of thermally induced segregation of magnesium in aluminium-magnesium alloys by means of AES,” J. Phys. Condens. Matter 5, A165–A166 (1993).
24. S. Kuypers, G. Buytaert, and H. Terryn, “Depth profiling of rolled aluminium alloys by means of GDOES,” Surf. Interface Anal. 36, 833–836 (2004).
26. K. Wefers, “Properties and characterization of surface oxides on aluminum alloys,” Aluminium 57, 722–726 (1981).
28. K. Shimizu, G. M. Brown, K. Kobayashi, P. Skeldon, G. E. Thompson, and G. C. Wood, “The early stages of high temperature oxidation of an Al-0.5 wt. % Mg alloy,” Corros. Sci. 40, 557–575 (1998).
29. I. Olefjord and Å. Karlsson, Aluminium Technology (The Institute of Metals, London, 1986).
31. L. H. Phung, H. Kleinert, U. Füssel, L. M. Duc, U. Rammelt, and W. Plieth, “Influence of self-assembling adhesion promoter on the properties of the epoxy/aluminium interphase,” Int. J. Adhes. Adhes. 25, 239–245 (2005).
35. E. Panda, L. P. H. Jeurgens, and E. J. Mittemeijer, “The initial oxidation of Al-Mg alloys: Depth-resolved quantitative analysis by angle-resolved x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and real-time in situ ellipsometry,” J. Appl. Phys. 106, 1–13 (2009).
36. C. E. Caicedo-Martinez, E. Koroleva, P. Skeldon, G. E. Thompson, G. Hoellrigl, P. Bailey, T. C. Q. Noakes, H. Habazaki, and K. Shimizu, “Behavior of impurity and minor alloying elements during surface treatments of aluminum,” J. Electrochem. Soc. 149, B139–B145 (2002).
38. S. Emrich, “Untersuchungen zum Einfluss von Oberflächenchemie und -morphologie auf die Langzeitbeständigkeit geklebter Aluminiumverbunde,” Ph.D. thesis, Universität Kaiserslautern, Fachbereich Maschinenbau und Verfahrenstechnik, Kaiserslautern, 2003.
40. A. Pardo, M. Merino, R. Arrabal, and S. Feliú, “Effect of la surface coatings on oxidation behavior of aluminum alloy/SiCp composites,” Oxid. Met. 67, 67–86 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month