No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Calculation of peak intensity for Yb3+
:YAG short pulse from a ring cavity including spectral information
4. L. Zheng, G. Zhao, L. Su, and J. Xu, “ Comparison of optical properties between ytterbium-doped Lu2SiO5 (Yb:LSO) and ytterbium-doped Lu2Si2O7 (Yb:LPS) laser crystals,” J. Alloys Compd. 471, 157–161 (2009).
5. U. Brauch, A. Giesen, M. Karszewski, Chr. Stewen, and A. Voss, “ Multiwatt diode-pumped Yb:YAG thin disk laser continuously tunable between 1018 and 1053 nm,” Opt. Lett. 20(7), 713–715 (1995).
6. H. W. Bruesselbach, D. S. Sumida, R. A. Reeder, and R. W. Byren, “ Low-heat high-power scaling using InGaAs-diode-pumped Yb:YAG lasers,” IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 3(1), 105–116 (1997).
7. T. Taira, W. M. Tulloch, and R. L. Byer, “ Modeling of quasi-three-level lasers and operation of cw Yb:YAG lasers,” Appl. Opt. 36(9), 1867–1874 (1997).
8. J. Dong, M. Bass, Y. Mao, P. Deng, and F. Gan, “ Dependence of the Yb3+ emission cross section and lifetime on temperature and concentration in yttrium aluminum garnet,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 20, 1975–1979 (2003).
11. E. Innerhofer, T. Sudmeyer, F. Brunner, R. Haring, A. Aschwanden, R. Paschotta, C. Honninger, M. Kumkar, and U. Keller, “ 60-W average power in 810-fs pulses from a thin-disk Yb:YAG laser,” Opt. Lett. 28, 367–369 (2003).
12. C. Honninger, G. Zhang, U. Keller, and G. Giesen, “ Femtosecond Yb:YAG laser using semiconductor saturable absorbers,” Opt. Lett. 20(23), 2402–2404 (1995).
13. S. V. Marchese, C. R. E. Baer, A. G. Engqvist, S. Hashimoto, D. J. H. C. Mass, M. Golling, T. Sudmeyer, and U. Keller, “ Femtosecond thin disk laser oscillator with pulse energy beyond the 10-microjoule level,” Opt. Express 16(9), 6397–6407 (2008).
14. J. Neuhaus, D. Bauer, J. Zhang, A. Killi, J. Kleinbauer, M. Kumkar, S. Weiler, M. Guina, D. H. Sutter, and T. Dekorsy, “ Subpicosecond thin-disk laser oscillator with pulse energies of up to 25.9 microjoules by use of an active multipass geometry,” Opt. Express 16(25), 20530–20539 (2008).
16. Z. Huang and G. L. Bourdet, “ Theoretical study of cw to short pulse conversion in an active cw-injected ring cavity with a Yb3+:YAG amplifier,” Appl. Opt. 46(14), 2703–2708 (2007).
17. Z. Huang, G. Li, and Y. Qiu, “ Modeling of short-pulse generation by Yb3+:YAG crystal in an active continuous-wave-injected ring cavity using different end pump methods,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 25(9), 1437–1441 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
On the basis of the spectral information, a theoretical model is developed to calculate the peak intensity of the short pulse from an active continuous wave injected ring cavity with Yb3+:YAG amplifier. Starting from rate equation, the formula describing the short pulse is obtained. As a computable model, it takes into account the pump absorption saturation and the laser reabsorption. By this model, the peak intensities of the short pulse under different cases are analyzed.
Full text loading...
Most read this month