No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Review study on remote laser welding with fiber lasers
1. G. Tsoukantas, A. Stournaras, and G. Chryssolouris, “ Experimental investigation of remote laser welding with CO2 and Nd: YAG laser-based systems,” J. Laser Appl. 20(1 ), 50–58 (2008).
2. J. Macken, “ Remote laser welding,” in Proceeding of the International Body Engineering Conference, Advanced Technologies and Processes (Automotive Technology Group, Warren, MI, 1996), pp. 11–15.
3. J. Cann, “ A look at the remote laser beam welding,” Weld. J. 84, 34–37 (2005).
4. M. Grupp, T. Seefeld, and F. Vollertsen, “ Laser beam welding with scanner,” in Proceedings of the Second International WLT-Conference on Lasers in Manufacturing, Munich, June 2003.
5. G. Tsoukantas and G. Chryssolouris, “ Theoretical and experimental analysis of the remote welding process on thin, lap-joined AISI 304 sheets,” Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 35, 880–894 (2008).
6. F. Oefele, J. Musiol, and M. F. Zaeh, “ Influence of remote-laser-welding parameters for an 8 kW fibre laser on seam quality of steels,” in 27th International Congress on Applications of Lasers and Electro-Optics (ICALEO 2008), Temecula, USA, 2008.
8. S. Kenji, Y. Motomichi, M. Kenta, Y. Daisuke, K. Yusuke, and O. Takuya, “ Development of remote laser welding method using long focal-distance lens for automobile galvannealed steel,” Acad. Soc. 27(2 ), 60–63 (2009).
9. K. Klingbeil, “ What you need to know about remote laser welding: A look at how remote laser welding works and how it can be applied to your manufacturing process,” Weld. J. 85, 44–46 (2006).
10. M. P. Vänskä, “ Implementing the modern fiber laser technology for welding of stainless tubular products,” Master's thesis (Lappeenranta University of Technology, Lappeenranta, 2009), pp. 11–22.
11. M. Bea, R. Brockmann, and D. Havrilla, “ Remote laser welding in automotive production,” Industrial Laser Solutions 8–12 (2011).
13. T. Heston, “ Remote laser beam welding shows potential in the body shop,” Weld. J. 79, 39–42 (2000).
14. M. Bemenek, “ Technology report: Welding from a distance,” Industrial Laser Solutions 21, 19–23 (2006).
15. E. Beyer, A. Klotzbach, V. Fleischer, and L. Morgenthal, “ Nd: YAG-remote welding with robots,” in Proceeding of the Second International WLT-Conference on Lasers in Manufacturing, LIM (AT-Fachverlag, Munich, 2003), pp. 367–373.
16. M. F. Zaeh, U. Munzert, and F. Oefele, “ Robot based remote-laser-welding without scanner optics,” in Proceedings of the Fourth International WLT-Conference on Lasers in Manufacturing (Munich, 2007), pp. 1–8.
18. J. Musiol, M. F. Zaeh, and J. Moesl, “Methodical qualification of scanner systems for remote laser cutting,” Technical Paper 906, Institute for Machine Tools and Industrial Management (iwb), [Technische Universitaet Muenchen (TUM) 2010].
21. Y. Kawahito, M. Mizutani, and S. Katayama, “ Investigation of high-power fiber laser welding phenomena of stainless steel,” Trans. JWRI 36(2 ), 11–15 (2007).
22. A. Kratky, D. Schuöcker, and G. Liedl, “ Processing with kW fiber lasers—Advantages and limits,” Proc. SPIE 7131, (2009).
23. M. Lütke, A. Mahrle, T. Himmer, L. Morgenthal, and E. Beyer, “ Remote cutting—A smart solution using the advantages of high brightness lasers,” in Proceedings of the International Congress on Applications of Lasers and Electro-Optics (ICALEO'08) Conference, Temecula (2008), pp. 695–702.
25. P. Anthony, “ The reality of remote laser welding,” Industrial Laser Solutions 19, 9–11 (2004).
26. A. Korinth and J. Cann, “ Remote welding impacts on auto manufacture,” Industrial Laser Solutions 20, 26–31 (2005).
27. J. Hatwig, G. Reinhart, and M. F. Zaeh, “ Automated task planning for industrial robots and laser scanners for remote laser beam welding and cutting,” Prod. Eng. 4, 327–332 (2010).
29. L. X. Zhang, L. Wu, H. M. Gao, and G. J. Zhang, “ Agent-based modeling and control of remote robotic welding system,” Robotic Welding, Intelligence and Automation (Springer, New York, 2007), pp. 187–194.
31. G. Verhaghe, “ Remote laser welding for automotive seat production,” Industrial Laser Solutions 27, 6–11 (2012).
32. J. Duong, “ Qualification of the convection mode laser beam welding process,” Master's thesis, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Lappeenranta, 2010.
33. W. M. Steen and J. Mazumder, Laser Material Processing, 4th ed. (Springer, New York, 2010).
34. R. L. O'Brien, “ Laser beam welding,” in Welding Handbook, 8th ed., Welding Processes, Vol. 2 (American Welding, Society, 1991), Chap. 22, pp. 713–738.
35. S. Katayama, S. Oiwa, N. Matsumoto, M. Mizutani, and Y. Kawahito, Fundamentals of Fiber Laser Remote Welding and Deep Penetration Welding (IEEE, New York, 2009).
36. L. Hartwig, R. Ebert, S. Kloetzer, S. Weinhold, J. Drechsel, F. Peuckert, J. Schille, and H. Exner, “ Material processing with a 3 kW single mode fiber laser,” in Proceedings of LAMP 2009—The 5th International Congress on Laser Advanced Materials Processing, 2009.
37. F. Oefele, U. Munzert, and M. F. Zaeh, “ Remote-laser-welding with an 8 kW fibre laser,” in Proceedings of the Laser Assisted Net Shape Engineering, Erlangen, Germany (2007), Vol. 5, pp. 183–196.
38. M. J. Song, B. H. Jung, M. Y. Lee, and J. Suh, “ Laser welding automobile bumpers: Remote welding system with shielding gas,” Industrial Laser Solutions 23, 17–20 (2008).
39. C. Dawes, Laser Welding: A Practical Guide (Abington Publishing, Cambridge, 1992).
40. C. Wandera and V. Kujanpää, “ Optimization of parameters for fibre laser cutting of a 10 mm stainless steel plate,” in Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture (Westminister, England, 2011), Vol. 225, pp. 641–649.
Article metrics loading...
The appearance of the high-power fiber laser with brilliant beam quality enables a rapid development of remote laser welding (RLW). In this paper, a theoretical study of remote laser welding has been reviewed. As a promising technology, the RLW offers an increased flexibility, high operational speed, and reduced cycle time to process a wide range of workpieces. This study presents the feasibility and typical characteristics of RLW with high-power fiber lasers. Meanwhile, the influence of process parameters, such as laser power, welding speed, shielding gas supply, beam inclination, and focal position, on the weld seam quality has been investigated.
Full text loading...
Most read this month