About the Journal
The Journal of Laser Applications (JLA) is the scientific platform of the Laser Institute of America (LIA) and is published in cooperation with the American Institute of Physics (AIP) on its new homepage http://jla.aip.org/. The high-quality articles cover a broad range from fundamental and applied research and development to industrial applications. Therefore, JLA is a reflection of the state-of-R&D in photonic production, sensing and measurement as well as Laser safety. Due to the current grand societal challenges such as resource saving, energy, mobility, health and defense the foci and trends of applied photonics have been changing over the past years, significantly. Hence, the structure of JLA has been improved to meet these trends, yet maintaining the structure according to scientific areas of competence. The following international and well known first-class scientists serve as allocated Associate Editors in 9 new categories:
- High Precision Materials Processing with Ultrafast Lasers – Andreas Ostendorf
- Laser Additive Manufacturing – Milan Brandt
- High Power Materials Processing with High Brightness Lasers – Eckhard Beyer
- Emerging Applications of New Wavelengths and Temporal Pulse Shaping – Martin Richardson
- Surface Modification – Minlin Zhong
- Lasers in Nanomanufacturing / Nanophotonics & Thin Film Technology – Yongfeng Lu
- Spectroscopy / Diagnostics / Measurements – Dave Farson
- Laser Systems and Markets – Klaus Löffler
- Safety – Dave Sliney
Journal Impact Factor
2011 Journal Citation Reports® (Thomson Reuters, 2012)*:
|Five-Year Impact Factor
|Article Influence Score
* Data from the 2011 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Thomson Reuters, 2012).
ISSN and CODEN
Print: ISSN 1042-346x
For details of the web based publishing process please follow the information given on the home page. We look forward to more contributions, more authors, more readers, more impact and thus a bright future of JLA.
Reinhart Poprawe, Editor-in-Chief
Please view the Information for Contributors page for further details.
See our Interest Areas