No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Microrheology, microstructure, and aging of physically cross-linked poly(vinyl alcohol)/poly(ethylene glycol) blends
1. Alves, M.-H. , B. E. B. Jensen, A. A. A. Smith, and A. N. Zelikin, “Poly(vinyl alcohol) physical hydrogels: New vista on a long serving biomaterial,” Macromol. Biosci. 11, 1293–1313 (2011).
2. Berne, B. J. , and R. Pecora, Dynamic Light Scattering: With Applications to Chemistry, Biology, and Physics (Wiley, New York, 1976).
3. Chambon, F. , and H. H. Winter, “Stopping of crosslinking reaction in a PDMS polymer at the gel point,” Polym. Bull. (Berlin) 13, 499–503 (1985).
4. Chen, D. T. , E. R. Weeks, J. C. Crocker, M. F. Islam, R. Verma, J. Gruber, A. J. Levine, T. C. Lubensky, and A. G. Yodh, “Rheological microscopy: Local mechanical properties from microrheology,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 108301 (2003).
5. Choi, J. H. , S. W. Ko, B. C. Kim, J. Blackwell, and W. S. Lyoo, “Phase behavior and physical gelation of high molecular weight syndiotactic poly(vinyl alcohol) solution,” Macromolecules 34, 2964–2972 (2001).
7. Crocker, J. C. , M. T. Valentine, E. R. Weeks, T. Gisler, P. D. Kaplan, A. G. Yodh, and D. A. Weitz, “Two-point microrheology of inhomogeneous soft materials,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 85, 888–891 (2000).
8. Dasgupta, B. R. , S. Y. Tee, J. C. Crocker, B. J. Frisken, and D. A. Weitz, “Microrheology of polyethylene oxide using diffusing wave spectroscopy and single scattering,” Phys. Rev. E 65, 051505 (2002).
10. Dashevsky, A. , A. R. Ahmed, J. Mota, M. Irfan, K. Kolter, and R. A. Bodmeier, “The effect of polyethylene glycol on the stability of pores in polyvinyl alcohol hydrogels during annealing,” Biomaterials 29, 141–149 (2008).
11. Devanand, K. , and J. C. Selser, “Asymptotic behavior and long-range interactions in aqueous solutions of poly(ethylene oxide),” Macromolecules 24, 5943–5947 (1991).
12. Doi, M. , and S. F. Edwards, The Theory of Polymer Dynamics (Oxford University Press, New York, 1986).
14. Gao, H. W. , R. J. Yang, J. Y. He, and L. Yang, “Rheological behaviors of PVA/H2O solutions of high-polymer concentration,” J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 116, 1459–1466 (2010).
16. Gardel, M. L. , M. T. Valentine, and D. A. Weitz, “Microrheology,” in Microscale Diagnostic Techniques, edited by K. Breuer (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2005).
18. Gittes, F. , B. Schnurr, P. D. Olmsted, F. C. MacKintosh, and C. F. Schmidt, “Microscopic viscoelasticity: Shear moduli of soft materials determined from thermal fluctuations,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 79, 3286–3289 (1997).
19. Graessley, W. W. , “Viscoelasticity and flow in polymeric liquids,” Physical Properties of Polymers (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2004), Chap. 3.
20. Hassan, C. M. , and N. A. Peppas, “Structure and applications of poly(vinyl alcohol) hydrogels produced by conventional crosslinking or by freezing/thawing methods,” Adv. Polym. Sci. 153, 37–65 (2000).
22. Hudson, S. D. , J. L. Hutter, M.-P. Nieh, J. Pencer, L. E. Millon, and W. Wan, “Characterization of anisotropic poly(vinyl alcohol) hydrogel by small- and ultra-small-angle neutron scattering,” J. Chem. Phys. 130, 034903 (2009).
23. Kanaya, T. , M. Ohkura, H. Takeshita, K. Kaji, M. Furusaka, H. Yamaoka, and G. D. Wignall, “Gelation process of poly(viny1 alcohol) as studied by small-angle neutron and light scattering,” Macromolecules 28, 3168–3174 (1995).
24. Karlson, L. , F. Joabson, and K. Thuresson, “Phase behavior and rheology in water and in model paint formulations thickened with HM-EHEC: Influence of the chemical structure and the distribution of hydrophobic tails,” Carbohydr. Polym. 41, 25–35 (2000).
26. Larson, R. G. , The Structure and Rheology of Complex Fluids (Oxford University Press, New York, 1999).
28. Lee, E. J. , K. S. Dan, and B. C. Kim, “Rheological characterization of shear-induced structural formation in the solutions of poly(vinyl alcohol) in dimethyl sulfoxide,” J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 101, 465–471 (2006).
27. Lee, E. J. , N. H. Kim, K. S. Dan, and B. C. Kim, “Rheological properties of solutions of general-purpose poly(vinyl alcohol) in dimethyl sulfoxide,” J. Polym. Sci. B: Polym. Phys. 42, 1451–1456 (2004).
31. Lin, Y. H. , “Linear and nonlinear rheological properties of a polystyrene sample of narrow molecular weight distribution,” J. Rheol. 28, 1–22 (1984).
32. Lyoo, W. S. , S. J. Lee, J. H. Kim, S. K. Noh, B. C. Ji, and B. C. Kim, “Effect of molecular weight on the rheological properties of atactic poly(vinyl alcohol)/dimethylsulfoxide/water solution,” J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 93, 41–46 (2004).
33. Macosko, C. W. , Rheology: Principles, Measurements and Applications (VCH, New York, 1994).
34. Maestro, A. , C. Gonzalez, and J. M. Gutierrez, “Rheological behavior of hydrophobically modified hydroxyethyl cellulose solutions: A linear viscoelastic model,” J. Rheol. 46, 127–143 (2002).
35. Mansur, H. S. , R. L. Orefice, and A. A. P. Mansur, “Characterization of poly(vinyl alcohol)/poly(ethylene glycol) hydrogels and PVA-derived hybrids by small-angle X-ray scattering and FTIR spectroscopy,” Polymers 45, 7193–7202 (2004).
36. Mason, T. G. , “Estimating the viscoelastic moduli of complex fluids using the generallized Stokes-Einstein equation,” Rheol. Acta 39, 371–378 (2000).
41. Millon, L. E. , M.-P. Nieh, J. L. Hutter, and W. Wan, “SANS characterization of an anisotropic poly(vinyl alcohol) hydrogel with vascular applications,” Macromolecules 40, 3655–3662 (2007).
43. Narita, T. , A. Knaebel, J. P. Munch, M. Zrínyi, and S. J. Candau, “Microrheology of chemically crosslinked polymer gels by diffusing-wave spectroscopy,” Macromol. Symp. 207, 17–30 (2004).
42. Narita, T. , A. Knaebel, J. P. Munch, and S. J. Candau, “Microrheology of poly(vinyl alcohol) aqueous solutions and chemically cross-linked gels,” Macromolecules 34, 8224–8231 (2001).
44. Nisato, G. , P. Hebraud, J. P. Munch, and S. J. Candau, “Diffusing-wave-spectroscopy investigation of latex particle motion in polymer gels,” Phys. Rev. E. 61, 2879–2887 (2000).
45. Oppong, F. K. , L. Rubatat, B. J. Frisken, A. E. Bailey, and J. R. de Bruyn, “Microrheology and structure of a yield-stress polymer gel,” Phys. Rev. E. 73, 041405 (2006).
50. Oral, E. , H. Bodugoz-Senturk, C. Macias, and O. K. Muratoglu, “Vitamin C hinders radiation cross-linking in aqueous poly(vinyl alcohol) solutions,” Nucl. Instrum. Methods. Phys. Res. B 265, 92–97 (2007).
52. Rich, J. P. , G. H. McKinley, and P. S. Doyle, “Size dependence of microprobe dynamics during gelation of a discotic colloidal clay,” J. Rheol. 55, 273–299 (2011).
53. Romer, S. , C. Urban, H. Bissig, A. Stradner, F. Scheffold, and P. Schurtenburger, “Dynamics of concentrated colloidal suspensions: Diffusion, aggregation and gelation,” Philos. Trans. R. Soc. London, Ser. A 359, 977–984 (2001).
55. Schnurr, B. , F. Gittes, F. C. MacKintosh, and C. F. Schmidt, “Determining microscopic viscoelasticity in flexible and semiflexible polymer networks from thermal fluctuations,” Macromolecules 30, 7781–7792 (1997).
59. Svanholm, T. , F. Molenaar, and A. Toussaint, “Associative thickeners: Their adsorption behaviour onto latexes and the rheology of their solutions,” Prog. Org. Coat. 30, 159–165 (1997).
60. Takahashi, N. , T. Kanaya, K. Nishida, and K. Kaji, “Gelation-induced phase separation of poly(vinyl alcohol) in mixed solvents of dimethyl sulfoxide and water,” Macromolecules 40, 8750–8755 (2007).
61. Takeshita, H. , T. Kanaya, K. Nishida, and K. Kaji, “Gelation process and phase separation of PVA solutions as studied by a light scattering technique,” Macromolecules 32, 7815–7819 (1999).
62. Takeshita, H. , T. Kanaya, K. Nishida, and K. Kaji, “Spinodal decomposition and syneresis of PVA gel,” Macromolecules 34, 7894–7898 (2001).
64. Tuteja, A. , M. E. Mackay, S. Narayanan, S. Asokan, M. S. Wong, “Breakdown of the continuum Stokes-Einstein relation for nanoscale inclusions in polymer melts,” Nano Lett. 7, 1276–1281 (2007).
66. Valentine, M. T. , P. D. Kaplan, D. Thota, J. C. Crocker, T. Gisler, R. K. Prud’Homme, M. Beck, and D. A. Weitz, “Investigating the microenvironments of inhomogeneous soft materials with multiple particle tracking,” Phys. Rev. E 64, 061506 (2001).
67. Valentine, M. T. , Z. E. Perlman, M. L. Gardel, J. H. Shin, P. Matsudaira, T. J. Mitchison, and D. A. Weitz, “Colloid surface chemistry critically affects multiple particle tracking measurements of biomaterials,” Biophys. J. 86, 4004–4014 (2004).
68. van den Ende, D. , E. H. Purnomo, M. H. G. Duits, W. Richterung, and F. Mugele, “Aging in dense suspensions of soft thermosensitive microgel particles studied with particle-tracking microrheology,” Phys. Rev. E 81, 011404 (2010).
69. van der Gucht, J. , N. A. M. Besseling, W. Knoben, L. Bouteiller, and M. A. Cohen Stuart, “Brownian particles in supramolecular polymer solutions,” Phys. Rev. E. 67, 051106 (2003).
74. Winter, H. H. , and M. Mours, “Rheology of polymers near liquid-solid transitions,” Adv. Polym. Sci. 134, 165–234 (1997).
75. Wong, I. Y. , M. L. Gardel, D. R. Reichman, E. R. Weeks, M. I. Valentine, A. R. Bausch, and D. A. Weitz, “Anomalous diffusion probes microstructure dynamics of entangled F-actin networks,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 178101 (2004).
76. Xu, J. , A. Palmer, and D. Wirtz, “Rheology and microrheology of semiflexible polymer solutions: Actin filament networks,” Macromolecules 31 6486–6492 (1998).
77. Xu, J. , Y. Tseng, C. J. Carriere, and D. Wirtz, “Microheterogeneity and microrheology of wheat gliadin suspensions studied by multiple-particle tracking,” Biomacromolecules 3, 92–99 (2002).
78. Yang, N. , “Microrheology and microstructure of poly(vinyl alcohol)-based physical gels,” Ph.D. thesis, The University of Western Ontario (2011).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month