No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The rheological characterization of algae suspensions for the production of biofuels
1. Benemann, J. R. , “Opportunities and challenges in algae biofuels production,” A Position Paper, Algae World, 2, 216–226 (2008).
2. Bird, R. B. , R. C. Armstrong, and O. Hassager, Dynamic of Polymeric Liquids, 2nd ed. (Wiley, New York, 1987), Vol. 1, p. 784.
3. Chen, F. , H. Chen, and X. Gong, “Mixotrophic and heterotrophic growth of haematococcus lacutris and rheological behaviour of the suspensions,” Bioresour. Technol. 62, 19–24 (1997).
6. Crassous, J. J. , R. Régisser, and M. Ballauff, “Characterization of the viscoelastic behavior of complex fluids using the piezoelastic axial vibrator,” J. Rheol. 49, 851–863 (2005).
8. Ewoldt, R. H. , L. M. Caretta, A. Chengala, and J. Sheng, “Effective viscosity of actively swimming algae suspensions,” 82nd Annual Meeting Program and Abstracts, The Society of Rheology, Santa Fe, NM (2010).
9.FAO, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2007.
10. Groß, T. , L. Kirschenmann, and W. Pechhold, “Piezo axial vibrator (PAV)—A new oscillating squeeze flow rheometer,” Proceedings of the Eurheo, Erlangen (European Society of Rheology, Erlangen, Germany, 2002).
12. Han, C. D. , Rheology in Polymer Processing (Academic, London, 1976).
13. Henderson, R. , S. A. Parsons, and B. Jefferson, “The impact of algal properties on pre-oxidation on solid-liquid separation of algae,” Water Resour. 42, 1827–1845 (2008).
14. Hoath, S. D. , I. M. Hutchings, G. D. Martin, T. R. Tuladhar, M. R. Mackley, and D. C. Vadillo, “Link between ink rheology, drop-on-demand jet formation and printability,” J. Imaging Sci. Technol. 53, 041208 (2009).
15. Hu, Q. , M. Sommerfeld, E. Jarvis, M. Ghirardi, M. Posewitz, M. Seibert, and A. Darzins, “Microalgal triacylglycerols as feedstocks for biofuel production: Perspectives and advances,” Plant J. 54, 621–639 (2008).
16. Huertas, I. E. , M. Rouco, V. Lopez-Rodas, and E. Costas, “Warming will affect phytoplankton differently: evidence therough a mechanistic approach,” Proc.Royal Soc. B: Bio. Sci. 278, 3534–3543 (2011).
17. Javanmardian, M. , and B. O. Palsson, “High-density photo-autotrophic algal cultures: Design, construction, and operation of a novel photobioreactor system,” Biotechnol. Bioeng. 38, 1182–1189 (1991).
18. Kirschenmann, L. , Ph.D. thesis, University of Ulm, 2003.
19. Klein, J. , J. Maia, A. A. Vicente, L. Domingues, J. A. Teixeira, and M. Juraščík, “Relationships between hydrodynamics and rheology of flocculating yeast suspensions in a high-cell-density airlift bioreactor,” Biotechnol. Bioeng. 89, 393–399 (2005).
21. Lynd, L. R. , J. H. Cushman, R. J. Nichols, and C. E. Wyman, “Fuel ethanol from cellulosic,” Biomass Sci. 251, 1318–1323 (1991).
22. Ma, A. W. K. , F. Chinesta, and M. R. Mackley, “The rheology and modeling of chemically treated carbon nanotubes suspensions,” J. Rheol. 53, 547–573 (2009).
23. Mackley, M. R. , R. T. J. Marshall, J. B. A. F. Smeulders, and F. D. Zhao, “The rheological characterisation of polymeric and colloidal fluids,” Chem. Eng. Sci. 49, 2551–2565 (1994).
24. Macosko, C. W. , Rheology-Principles, Measurements and Applications (Wiley-VCH, Poughkeepsie, NY, 1994).
26. Mueller, S. , E. W. Llewellin, and H. M. Mader, “The rheology of suspensions of solid particles,” Proc. R. Soc. London 466, 1201–1228 (2009).
27. Oelschlaeger, C. , P. Suwita, and N. Willenbacher, “Effect of counterion binding efficiency on structure and dynamics of wormlike micelles,” Langmuir 26, 7045–7053 (2010).
28. Potanin, A. A. , R. De Rooij, D. Van den Ende, and J. Mellema, “Microrheological modelling of weakly aggregated dispersions,” J. Chem. Phys. 102, 5845–5853 (1995).
31. Rodolfi, L. , G. C. Zihelli, N. Bassi, G. Padovani, N. Biondi, G. Bonini, and M. R. Tredici, “Microalgae for oil: Strain selection, induction of lipid synthesis and outdoor mass cultivation in a low-cost photobioreactor,” Biotechnol. Bioeng. 102, 100–112 (2009).
33. Schenk, P. M. , S. R. Thomas-Hall, E. Stephens, U. C. Marx, J. H. Mussgnug, C. Posten, O. Kruse, and B. Hankamer, “Second generation biofuels: High-efficiency microalgae for biodiesel production,” Bioenerg. Res. 1, 20–43 (2008).
35. Sheehan, J. , T. Dunahay, J. Benemann, and P. Roessler, A Look Back at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Aquatic Species Program: Biodiesel from Algae (The National Renewable Energy Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Fuels Development, 1998).
36. Soltero, J. F. A. , F. Bautista, J. E. Puig, and O. Manero, “Rheology of cetyltrimethylammonium p-toluenesulfonate-water system. 3. Nonlinear viscoelasticity,” Langmuir 15, 1604–1612 (1999).
37. Sridhar Rao, P. N. , “Sterilization and disinfection,” Micronotes (Department of microbiology, JJMMC, Davangere India, 2008), pp. 1–10.
38. Tschirley, J. , “Algae-based Biofuels: Challenges and opportunities for developing countries,” EABA 1st General Assembly and Conference (New York University, Florence, 2009), pp. 1–9.
40. Vadillo, D. C. , T. R. Tuladhar, A. C. Mulji, and M. R. Mackley, “Rheological characterisation of linear viscoelasticity for ink jet fluids using piezo-axial vibrator and torsion resonator rheometers,” J. Rheol. 54, 781–795 (2010).
41. Wientjes, R. H. W. , M. H. G. Duits, R. J. J. Jongschaap, and J. Mellema, “Linear rheology of guar gum solutions,” Macromolecules 33, 9594–9605 (2000).
42. Whorlow, R. W. , Rheological Techniques, 2nd ed. (Ellis Horwood, New York, 1992).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month