No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Melt fracture and wall slip of metallocene-catalyzed bimodal polyethylenes in capillary flow
1. Aaltonen, P. , and B. Lőfgren, “Synthesis of functional polyethylenes with soluble metallocene/methylaluminoxane catalyst,” Macromolecules 28, 5353–5357 (1995).
2. Allal, A. , A. Lavernhe, B. Vergnes, and G. Martin, “Relationships between molecular structure and sharkskin defect for linear polymers,” J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 134, 127–135 (2006).
3. Ansari, M. , S. G. Hatzikiriakos, A. M. Sukhadia, and D. C. Rohlfing, “Rheology of Ziegler-Natta and metallocene high density polyethylenes: Broad molecular weight distribution effects,” Rheol. Acta 50, 17–27 (2011).
4. Ballenger, T. F. , I. J. Chen, J. W. Crowder, G. E. Hagler, D. C. Bogue, and J. L. White, “Polymer melt flow instabilities in extrusion: Investigation of the mechanisms and material and geometric variables,” Trans. Soc. Rheol. 15, 195–215 (1971).
9. Dealy, J. M. , and R. G. Larson, Structure and Rheology of Molten Polymers (Hanser Gardner, Cincinnati, 2005).
12. El Kissi, N. , and J. M. Piau, “Adhesion of linear low-density polyethylene for flow regimes with sharkskin,” J. Rheol. 38, 1447–1463 (1994).
14. Fodor, J. , and D. A. Hill, “On the detection of flow-induced fractionation in melts of homopolymers by normal-mode microdielectrometry,” Macromolecules 25, 3511–3520 (1992).
16. Inn, Y. W. , and D. C. Rohlfing, “Application of creep test to obtain the linear viscoelastic properties at low frequency range for polyethylene melts,” Appl. Rheol. 22, 15260 (2012).
17. Inn, Y. W. , R. J. Fischer, and M. T. Shaw, “Visual observation of development of sharkskin melt fracture in polybutadiene extrusion,” Rheol. Acta 37, 573–582 (1998).
19. Joseph, D. D. , and Y. J. Liu, “Letter to the editor: Steep wave fronts on extrudates of polymer melts and solutions,” J. Rheol. 40, 317–319 (1996).
20. Koopmans, R. , J. den Doelder, and J. Molenaar, Polymer Melt Fracture (CRC, Boca Raton, 2011).
22. Martin, J. L. , M. G. Thorn, M. P. McDaniel, M. D. Jensen, Q. Yang, P. J. DesLauriers, and M. E. Kertok, “Polymerization catalysts for producing bimodal polymers in a single reactor,” US patent 7,312,283 (2007).
23. Migler, K. B. , Y. Son, F. Qiao, and K. Flynn, “Extensional deformation, cohesive failure, and boundary conditions during sharkskin melt fracture,” J. Rheol. 56, 383–400 (2002).
24. Muñoz-Escalona, A. , P. Lafuente, J. F. Vega, and A. Santamaría, “Rheology of metaIlocene-catalyzed monomodal and bimodal polyethylenes,” Polym. Eng. Sci. 39, 2292–2303 (1999).
26. Piau, J. M. , N. El Kissi, and B. Tremblay, “Influence of upstream instabilities and wall slip on melt fracture and sharkskin phenomena during silicones extrusion through orifice die,” J. Non-Newtonian Fluid Mech. 34, 145–180 (1990).
28. Raju, V. R. , G. G. Smith, G. Marin, J. R. Knox, and W. W. Graessley, “Properties of amorphous and crystallizable hydrocarbon polymers. I. Melt rheology of fractions of linear polyethylene,” J. Polym. Sci., Part B: Polym. Phys. 17, 1183–1195 (1979).
29. Rohlfing, D. C. , and J. Janzen, “Melt-rheological characteristics of metallocene-catalyzed polyethylene,” in Metallocene-Based Polyolefins, edited by J. Scheirs and W. Kaminski (John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2000).
32. Schreiber, H. P. , S. H. Storey, and E. B. Bagley, “Molecular fractionation in the flow of polymeric fluids,” Trans. Soc. Rheol. 10, 275–297 (1966).
33. Shelby, M. D. , and G. B. Caflisch, “Shear field induced diffusion and molecular weight fractionation during polymer processing,” Polym. Eng. Sci. 44, 1283–1294 (2004).
34. Struglinski, M. J. , and W. W. Graessley, “Effects of polydispersity on the linear viscoelastic properties of entangled polymers. 1. Experimental observations for binary mixtures of linear polybutadiene,” Macromolecules 18, 2630–2643 (1985).
37. Wagner, H. L. , and K. F. Wissbrun, “Some effects of molecular weight distribution on the melt rheology of high density polyethylene,” Polym. Eng. Sci. 2, 222–226 (1962).
38. Wang, S. , S. Q. Wang, A. Halasa, and W. L. Hsu, “Relaxation dynamics in mixtures of long and short chains: Tube dilation and impeded curvilinear diffusion,” Macromolecules 36, 5355–5371 (2003).
39. Wang, S. Q. , and P. A. Drda, “Superfluid-like stick-slip transition in capillary flow of linear polyethylene melts. 1. General features,” Macromolecules 29, 2627–2632 (1996).
40. Wang, S. Q. , P. A. Drda, and Y. W. Inn, “Exploring molecular origins of sharkskin, partial slip, and slope change in flow curves of linear low-density polyethylene,” J. Rheol. 40, 875–898 (1996).
41. Whitlock, L. R. , and R. S. Porter, “Experimental investigation of the concept of molecular migration within sheared polystyrene,” J. Polym. Sci., Part A-2 10, 877–886 (1972).
Article metrics loading...
Full text loading...
Most read this month